Many people spend their day working in an open-plan office. These environments often have a lot of allergens and pollutants circulating in breathable air.
A powerful air purifier can filter out workplace indoor airborne pollution and improve the quality of the air you breathe for so many hours each day.
The Medify Desktop Solution
Medify Air is a USA based company with a solid reputation for high quality air purifiers.
The recently released Medify Air MA-18 is their compact desktop model, particularly well designed for people working in an offices.
At only 8.4 x 11.2 inches and weighing just 5.3 pounds, the MA-18 is light and portable.
Despite this, its powerful 360-degree air intake purifies the air in an entire 400 ft² workspace every twice every hour. For a 200 ft² home office this figure increases to 4 times every hour.
4 air changes an hour is highly recommended for people who suffer from asthma, allergies and airborne chemical sensitivities.
Consider the benefits of the new MA-18 for your office desk if you are asthmatic or susceptible to allergens and other indoor air pollution.
Medical Grade HEPA H13 Filter
Medical-grade H13 True HEPA filters are used in all Medify Air models. These superior filters capture 99.97% of harmful particulate matter, right down to 0.1 microns.
H13 HEPA filters work much better at trapping bacteria and viruses which is why they have a medical-grade rating.
Activated Charcoal for Gases
The MA-18 also has an activated carbon filter to absorb harmful VOCs like benzene, tetrachloroethylene and formaldehyde.
These toxic gases are emitted by office supplies, furniture and flooring and especially electronic equipment like printers and photocopiers.
Negative Ion Generation
An optional ionizer in the MA-18 generates 5 million negative ions per second. These negatively charged ions attach to all kinds of indoor air pollution, making it too heavy to float.
Negative ions also counteract positive ion negative effects, including tiredness, tension, anxiety, irritability, headaches and respiratory problems.
Pros and Cons of the Medify Air MA-18
- H13 medical-grade HEPA filter, activated carbon for gases and an optional negative ionizer to counteract positive ion pollution.
- 360-degree air intake and 800 ft² air cleaning in an hour. 4 air changes an hour or more in a 200 ft² workspace and recommended for asthma sufferers and those with chemical sensitivities.
- Touchscreen controls, filter replacement indicator light, 3 fan speeds and free shipping in the USA.
- American company with local support and strong warranty protection.
- While high quality, H13 Medify Air replacement filters aren’t cheap. Find them in the ‘Frequently bought together’ section on Amazon. A filter change light on the top shows when they need replacing.
The Medify Air MA-18 is an effective desktop and office air cleaner to purify the air of the many allergens and pollutants found in modern workplaces.
It’s great value for obvious quality, customer reviews are very positive and it’s great to see an American company making top-quality air purifiers like this.
For an even more powerful desktop air purifier, with an even higher 1000 ft² room coverage, also compare the brand-new Medify MA-25 model available here on Amazon.
This article may contain affiliate links to products I've researched and recommend. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to the consumer.