Air purifiers in the lower price range are usually only effective for smaller rooms, not bigger spaces like lounge or family rooms.
The new Pro Breeze 5-in-1 ionic air purifier is different.
It has an high CADR (clean air delivery rate) of 218 m³ per hour and is suitable for large rooms up to 500 ft².
Despite its power, the Pro Breeze is great value here on Amazon and comes with multistage filtration and impressive features like ion generation and cold catalyst technology.
Air Cleaning Features
- The Pro Breeze 5-in-1 air cleaner has a big True HEPA filter with prefilter to trap floating allergens, like pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores and irritating dust mite waste products.
- It also has activated charcoal filtration for bad odors and chemical gases, like volatile organic compounds from cleaning products and modern furnishings.
- Next comes a cold catalyst filter to capture viruses and bacteria, as well as breaking down toxic formaldehyde and other VOCs. Low cost air purifiers like this don’t usually offer cold catalyst technology.
- The Pro Breeze comes with an optional air ionizer, producing 10 million anions per second without ozone. Negative ion generation can be switched on and off but it does further purify the air and can help fight fatigue from positive ion pollution.
- This model also has 3 fan speeds, an auto timer and whisper quiet sleep mode so you can use it in your bedroom.
- As an added benefit, the Pro Breeze is quite a stylish air purification machine with a slim body and attractive and modern design.
Pros and Cons
- True HEPA, activated charcoal, cold catalyst and prefilter to trap 99.97% of allergens and indoor air pollutants.
- High CADR of 218 m³/hr and can filter the air in bigger rooms up to 500 ft².
- 3 fan speeds, sleep mode, auto timer and modern design.
- Combination filters are inexpensive compared to competitors. It’s recommended to change these after after 5000 hours of use.
- Optional ionizer without ozone and safe for delivery to California.
- Uses more electricity than smaller low cost air filters and should be positioned away from walls and furniture.
- Hard to beat for it’s price tag but can’t really match bigger and more expensive air purifier ionizer combinations.
For reviewing the best air cleaner under $100 the Pro Breeze 5-in-1 is a strong contender.
Its 5 stage air filtration, especially the cold catalyst layer and optional ionizer, is usually only seen in far more expensive machines.
See the current retail price and read customer ratings and comments here. The Pro Breeze air purifier is highly recommended for larger areas when you’re on a tight budget.
This article may contain affiliate links to products I've researched and recommend. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to the consumer.