The stylish WYND air purifier was created by Eric Munoz, a former aerospace engineer, and was the most popular Kickstarter for an air cleaning device ever funded.
This compact yet very powerful air purifier uses a rocket turbine inspired design to increase airflow far beyond what most air filters are capable of. So much so that it can generate more than 9 liters of filtered air per second.
The WYND Essential purifier is charged with an included USB cable. Once charged, it does not need to be plugged in and can clean the air on the go for up to 8 hours on a single charge.
It’s only the size of a water bottle and weighs less than a pound. This makes the WYND an excellent travel size air cleaner you can take anywhere.
Pack it in your backpack for work, use it beside you on your office desk, have it running in a baby stroller, slot it into your car’s cup holder while you drive or take it on a plane or train when you travel.
This compact air filter utilizes special medical-grade electrostatic filters infused with antibacterial silver particles. These are inexpensive but would need to be replaced approximately every 6 months, depending on how often you use it.
The WYND Smart model connects to your phone with a free app so you can monitor air quality and it will let you know when it’s time to change the filter.
It also comes with a filter stand to angle the ‘bubble of clean air’ WYND generates directly at your face and maintain purified air to breathe, even in highly polluted environments.
Its high power and unique features help make the WYND the best portable air filter I’ve seen on the market. You can read more about the innovative technology in this product, see customer feedback and check the current price here on Amazon.
WYND Air Purifier Pros and Cons
- Smart turbine design, inspired by jet propulsion, gives the WYND the highest air cleaning to size ratio of any air filter on the market.
- Produces 9 liters of purified air per second and can be angled with its stand to point directly at your face, maximizing your ‘clean air bubble’.
- Weighs less than a pound and is highly compact – 6.65 inches high and only 2.75 inches wide at the base.
- USB-powered with an included cable. Lasts up to 8 hours on a single charge. A great travel sized air cleaner you can take anywhere.
- Replacement filters are affordable and you can get them here on Amazon. It makes sense to buy extra with your WYND if you’ve decided on this as the best portable air filter for you.
- The most stylish small air purifier I’ve ever seen. The WYND Essential only comes in black though. To get the white design you need to pay a bit more for the WYND Smart Plus with detachable air quality monitor.
- As powerful as the WYND is, it’s much better at constantly filtering the air immediately around you, than purifying the whole room.
- More expensive than the other small air purifiers like the Levoit Core 300, though filters are cheaper so this could even out over several years.
- Does not generate negative ions so check out the IonBox or Wein Vi 2500 if you want the health benefits of negative ions.
- Some customer reviews say that the air filter stand is a bit flimsy so you’d need to take care with it.
If you’re looking for a highly compact yet powerful air purifier for traveling, taking to work or using in your car while driving, the WYND is an excellent choice.
You can check the current price here on Amazon. Also see the ‘Frequently Bought Together’ section for the low-priced filters.
If you’d like to have the detachable air quality monitor and would prefer the white color option then consider owning the premium Plus model here.
This article may contain affiliate links to products I've researched and recommend. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to the consumer.